A

A

Saturday 25 October 2014

October 25th 2014 - Last morning of BST

I've been up most of the morning it seems. Having woken up at 3.30am I struggled to get back to sleep, dozing on and off under the duckdown. Around 5am the birds began, robin first then a blackbird. As I lay there on what is the last day of BST 2014, I decided to get up and record the beginning of the day. 
 
I wasn't in the mood to don outdoor clothing and head off, rather sat in the office and stuck the recorder out the window. It took 45 minutes to obtain the attached 3 minutes of audio. Sound recording in a modern world has to be one of the most frustrating experiences at times. 6am and a constant stream of tractors, cars, vans and planes. Throughout all this anthropomorphic sound though, the birds kept singing.
 
A gentle reminder of the beginning of winter - click on Soundcloud link.

No comments:

Post a Comment