A

A

Thursday 13 December 2007

Chew Valley Lake 13th December



Today's Quiz : Spot the birdie - - Common Gull amongst Black Headed on jetty

Driving up from Dorset to Bristol this morning, I left in heavy frost, arrived in frost, and in the middle, it was frost free. Very strange. Anyway only time for a 10 minute quick scan on the way in as I passed Herriott's Pool, which was partially frozen; 50+ Black Backed Gull, 1 Common Gull, hogging the lifebouy, (see photo), 3 male, 1 female Teal, 4 Pochard, 2 Coot, 3 Lapwing, 1 Carrion Crow, female Blackbird, Grey Heron, Pied Wagtail, and usual Tufties, Gr Crested Grebes and Pochard across the way on the lake.

Other birds of note, a Raven flew over the car at Castle Cary, Somerset, and a Green Woodpecker flew across the car in Leigh Woods Bristol.

2 comments:

  1. I would have loved to see that raven. I have never seen one. I only have seen a cuckoo once. Lovely photographs by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I may get a photo of a Raven, as they're suprisingly common than people think. One day I'll get one on the blog.

    ReplyDelete